Move aside, matcha! There’s a new green latte drink in town and it’s here to stay! This healthy and delicious coconut moringa latte is the perfect pick-me-up on a busy weekday morning!
Moringa is an African leaf that’s been used for centuries on the continent. It is rich in protein, vitamins, minerals and has tons of health benefits including the potential to protect against cancers and reduce high blood pressure.
Nutritional properties of Moringa
- Vitamin A
- Vitamins B1, B2, B3
Associated Health Benefits of Moringa
- Treat diabetes
- Improve eye health
- Treat asthma
- Treat anaemia
- Treat sickle cell
- Improve moods
- Healthy bones
- Prevent and treat cancer
- Fight bacterial diseases
- Protect the liver
- Promote healthy skin and hair
Uses of moringa
- Infused into other foods such as pancakes
The key for this recipe is chilled tinned coconut milk that has been left in the fridge overnight. This will make the delicious coconut cream to mix the moringa into and create a layered latte look.
Coconut Moringa Latte
- 2 tbsp coconut milk canned
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1 tbsp moringa
- Refrigerate your coconut milk overnight
- Open your can of coconut milk and scoop out 2 tbsp of the white solid at the top into a bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup and whisk until fluffy
- Add 1 tbsp moringa to the fluffy mix and fold in until well combined
- To a glass/mug add milk of your choice (hot or cold)
- Scoop your coconut moringa mixture on top for the layered look or stir into the milk to combine fully