This recipe contains some of my favourite flavours in the world- plantain, coriander, red onion…(I know the last one is weird haha). Together this dish is light, refreshing and bursting with deliciousness! Inspired by Mexican burrito bowls, all I can say is that you have to make it! It is also vegan-friendly and plant-based with the freshest of ingredients combining to create magic! An added bonus is that it only took 20 minutes to create! Without further ado, here is the recipe:
PLANTAIN AND BLACK EYED PEA BOWL
- 1/2 ripe plantain
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Baby gem lettuce
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1/6 red onion
- 1 lime
- 100g cooked black eyed peas
- Coriander leaves
- Chilli flakes
- 1/2 avocado
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Chop your plantain into pieces. Add salt to taste and your coconut oil. Place in the oven at 180*C for 15 minutes or until brown.
- Chop your lettuce up and add to a bowl. Drizzle with your extra virgin olive oil and add your black eyed peas.
- Chop up your cherry tomatoes, red onion and a bit of coriander. Add to a bowl and mix. Squeeze 1/4 lime onto the mixture and add to your salad and black eyed peas bowl.
- In another bowl, mix your mashed avocado, chilli flakes, 1/4 lime, a bit of coriander, salt to taste and garlic powder. Add your avocado mixture to the salad bowl.
- When the plantain is ready, add to your bowl as well! Enjoy!(Wow I say "bowl" so many times in this recipe!)
I hope you liked this recipe and give it a try!
Don’t forget to subscribe and follow my social media.