If you’ve never tried this honey-suya flavour combination before then today is the day! This marinade will change your life…really! Suya is a West African spice made from crushed dried groundnuts and other seasonings. The idea to put honey and suya together came when I got tired of my favourite honey-soy marinade and wanted to try something closer to home. So I put it to the test and it has become one of my greatest discoveries! I plan on marinating other meats and fish with this marinade but in this post, I used skinless chicken thighs that were as tender as ever! So if you would like to know how to make this delicious dish, keep on reading:-
- 2 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp suya powder
- Pinch of salt
- Mix your marinade together and pour over chicken.
- Leave in the fridge for 20 minutes to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat your oven on the grill setting at 180*C.
- Put your chicken on a baking tray and place in the oven. Flip pieces over after 15 minutes.
- Leave in the oven for 10 more minutes or until cooked through. Flip over to the former skin side (the side where the skin once lay with more flesh).
- Broil- turn up the heat to 250*C for up to 5 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and enjoy!
If you try this recipe (which you should) let me know what you think!