A creamy, delicious and nutritious breakfast porridge made from spicy millet mix from Mill’d Cereals. This porridge is a unique alternative to traditional oats or koko and paired with coconut milk, you’re in for a scrumptious breakfast!
Millet is a small round grain common around Africa. It is rich in antioxidants, may help reduce cholesterol, may help reduce blood sugar levels and fits perfectly into a gluten-free diet.
You can either grind your millet from raw or buy a pre-ground millet mix like we did. The variety of millet we used was red millet.
- 8+ tbsp (heaped) of ground millet
- 300ml+ water
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp brown/coconut sugar
- A pinch of salt
- Mix you ground millet with salt and about 150-200ml water to create a smooth, liquid texture. It should be slightly thick.
- Place 100ml of water and 200ml of coconut milk in a pot and bring to a simmer.
- Add your millet powder and stir constantly until it thickens up and bubbles.
- Add your brown sugar to the mixture and stir until combined. Serve with your favourite toppings.