I admit, I made this recipe a year before it’s being posted because this dish was just too good that I wanted to keep the recipe a secret! However, I am loyal to you guys and I want you to lead your best healthy lives! Here is a recipe to this light and delicious soup!
Prawn & Basil Light Soup
- 300 g king prawns
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 thumb-sized piece ginger
- Shrimp seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 2 large tomatoes
- 3 kpakpo shito peppers/scotch bonnet peppers (optional)
- 500 ml water
- 8 basil leaves
- In a blender, add chopped onion, ginger, garlic and a bit of water to blend.
- Add your mixture to your pot and add your shrimp and shrimp seasoning. Cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove your shrimp and put to the side until later. Don't take out the blended onion mixture.
- Blend tomatoes and peppers and add to your pot with the already blended onion mixture. Add salt to taste and water. Cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Add prawns back to the mixture and basil leaves. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve with boiled plantain, fufu or any side of your choice.