I promise I have some recipes without kpakpo shito haha!
Combining my two favourite flavours in one dish? I just couldn’t help it. These wings taste fresh and light from the coriander yet have a spicy kick from the kpakpo shito. Not to mention, the garlic comes in to contribute to an overall flavour-packed dish. Without further ado, here’s the recipe:
Kpakpo Shito & Coriander Wings
- 9 whole chicken wings
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 head coriander
- 3 large kpakposhito peppers
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Wash your chicken (haha) and separate pieces into flats and drums. Pat each piece dry with a paper towel.
- To the wings, season with salt (to taste), black pepper (to taste), garlic powder and baking powder (to brown and crisp the wings more).
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until cooked, flipping half way. Make sure to bake on a grill tray so that the wings remain crispy. (See picture below).
- Whilst the chicken cooks, in a bowl, add your olive oil, chopped cloves of garlic, chopped coriander leaves and finely chopped kpakpo shito. Season with salt and pepper.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and toss each piece in your herb mixture until fully coated. Place back in the oven to crisp up again for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and definitely give it a try! Please subscribe to be notified of new recipes!