Yes, you read correctly! If there was a way to add kpakpo shito to every food, including sweet foods, I would! Haha. All jokes aside, kpakpo shito works well with almost everything which is why I decided to spice up a chopped salad recipe I had in mind with this punchy green pepper.
You can eat this salad on its own buuut personally, I don’t get full off just this salad. In addition, there are not enough macronutrients in this dish to create a whole meal. That’s why this salad would make a perfect side to accompany foods such as my Honey-Suya Chicken, Ghanaian Grilled Chicken or even my Grilled Tilapia recipe.
In all, if you’re looking for fresh flavours with a unique kick to serve at a party or to your family, this recipe is definitely one to impress! Without further ado, here is the recipe!
Kpakpo Shito Chickpea Chopped Salad
- 286 g cooked (canned) chickpeas
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 3 kpakpo shito peppers
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 handful chopped parsley
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Dry your cooked chickpeas and lay them on a baking tray with oven-proof paper or foil.
- In an asanka, crush your kpakpo shito peppers until they are in small pieces. Alternatively, chop with a knife.
- Stir in the kpakpo shito with the chickpeas. Add a pinch of salt and 1 tbsp olive oil. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until crispy.
- Chop all your vegetables and your parsley into small pieces. Add to a bowl, season with the juice of half a lemon, salt and pepper.
- When the chickpeas are done, add to your vegetables and stir. Enjoy!x
You can also eat the chickpeas on their own like you would crisps! They make the perfect protein-based, crispy and spicy snack to get you through your day!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! I strongly advise you to make it and if you make this recipe, email a picture to me, send a picture to my DM on Instagram or tag me in your photo!
Subscribe to my #BBBBFitFam for more recipes and other exclusive perks!