A spicy, Ghanaian twist to a Mexican-inspired recipe! I’ve posted a mango salsa recipe (with prawns) on my blog before but I decided to take it to a new level by using, yes you guessed it, kpakpo shito peppers. It is clear from my recent posts that I have a bit of a kpakpo shito obsession but I am unapologetic about it haha.
This recipe was super delicious and fun to eat. It makes the perfect appetiser or light lunch. The flavours are very fresh and light and the combination worked perfectly together. Not to mention, this recipe is vegan friendly! Without further ado, here is the recipe:-
MANGO, BEAN AND KPAKPO SHITO SALSA CUPS
- 2 wholegrain tortilla wraps
- 1/4 large mango
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 kpakpo shito peppers/habañeros
- 4 tbsp cooked black eyed peas
- 1 tomato
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- salt (to taste)
- 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cut your tortilla wraps into 6 squares.
- Place each square in a muffin tin. Place the tin in the oven at 170*C for up to 10 minutes or until the tortillas are firm.
- Chop all your "filling" ingredients into small pieces and add to a bowl.
- Add salt to taste, the juice of half a lime and 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- When your cups are baked, add your filling and enjoy!
I hope you liked this recipe! You definitely have to give it a try!